We have developed a good deal of training around the model and associated issues. Here’s an example.
The TRM training itself, is suited to anyone working with children and troubled young people.
Amongst these would be those in the following settings:
- Social work
- Foster or kinship care
- Youth justice
- PRU or other education settings
- Residential care
- Secure children’s homes (SCHs)
- Secure Training Centres (STCs)
- Young Offender Institutions (YOIs)
- CAMHS or forensic services
- Leaving care
- Supported housing
The training we have done to date has been put together for specific settings, as this is the best way for us to tailor the model to the particular needs of young people and staff.
You can download an example one day course outline here.
Among the broad areas we can address in training are:
- Challenging behaviour
- Neurological sequelae of maltreatment
- Harmful sexual behaviour
- Assessment & case formulation
- Clinical supervision
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like to discuss this a little more – there’s absolutely no obligation!